cause i don't feel like talking.

but i have something to say.

Friday, April 14, 2006

ill.

I'm having a terrible flu, and it has made my nose bloody red. My throat hurts like there's fire burning in it. Excruciating and agonizing. Thank God that I'm better today. Praise Him. Amen. When you are feeling all sick and ill, you start to think about the bad times. When a sad love song plays on your computer, the atmosphere turns melancholic and exanimate. And you start to sob quiescently. I'm feeling heavyhearted today, in the inside and the outside. But I believe that this kind of situation ain't going to stick with me forever. All I need is time to heal the ugly scar. Even though scars are meant to stay, I believe that the Lord will take it away. 1 year has passed, and I still couldn't let go of the past. The journey isn't easy. Although the past has hurted me dreadfully, but it isn't easy to forget about the whole thing. I don't care how long it takes or how much it takes to heal my wound. The metamorphosis of Joanne into someone who is wiling to let go of the past. I can do it. Oh yeah. Jesus's in me. Praise be to God. Hallelujah.

From my window, I see the torrential rain pelting down heavily upon the earth. This is no ordinary equatorial spell of rain. Unlike most rainy days where dark looming clouds cover the sky and a dreary atmosphere descends upon the earth, today is different. The sun is ablaze, perched high above the cloudless azure blue sky.
This spectacular displays births strong urges from within me to explore it. With heady impulse, I drop my book. I abandon the warm and cozy comfort of my house and run outdoors.
With head titled up heavenward and arms outstretched, I bare my face to the strong powerful raindrops. My entire body is drenched by the unrelentless rain. It is pure exhilaration!
Still dripping wet, an incredible sense of being totally cleansed hovers over me. My heart breaks out in song. Praise and thanksgiving overflows from my lips. Joy surges from within me. An explicable exuberance pours forth!
I am - totally washed of sin. Cleansed as white as snow.
I am - made anew. Reborn. Quickened.
This is what it takes to be cleansed by the blood of Jesus. A certain recklessness. An abandoning of your past. A foolishness. An instantaneous and spontaneous response.
And what joy, what splendour, what delight to be in the courts of the Most Magnificient King!

' As the deer pants for the streams of whater, so my soul pants for you, o God.' Psalm 42:1